Scarborough & Tweed, a leading supplier of corporate gifts and logo merchandise, has donated nearly 65,000 meals to children in need through World Food Program USA since launching its company-wide give back program one year ago, the company announced today.
Through relationships with Scarborough & Tweed’s charity partners, every purchase from Scarborough & Tweed’s custom bag catalog and online company stores benefits a charitable cause:
- Every bag purchased from Scarborough & Tweed’s custom bag catalog provides one meal for a child in need through World Food Program USA. Nearly 65,000 meals have been provided in the past year. To support its One Bag/One Meal campaign, Scarborough & Tweed recently designed a special World Food Program USA bag that can be purchased online at wfpusa.scarboroughtweed.com.
- Every purchase from the outdoor, sports, travel or tradeshow category helps provide a clinical trial to a cancer patient through Gateway for Cancer Research. More than 400 patients have received a clinical trial for cancer in the past year.
- Every drinkware purchase helps provide clean water to a person in need through RainCatcher. Nearly 3,600 people have received clean water in the past year.
- Every tech purchase helps give veterans a chance to continue their service through Team Rubicon’s disaster relief efforts. Nearly 120 veterans were sent to aid in natural disasters in the past year.
- Every purchase from the desk accessories category helps provide school supplies for one classroom through DonorsChoose. Nearly 6,000 classrooms received school supplies in the past year.
- Every apparel purchase helps foster the success of a young girl by providing her with homework help in reading and math through Girls Inc. More than 160 girls received homework help in the past year.
“I wanted to do something special to celebrate my company’s 20th anniversary in 2012,” says Lisa McCullagh, founder and president of Scarborough & Tweed. “It took a few years to put the infrastructure and relationships in place to launch the give back program, and we’re thrilled with the program’s success. As we enter our 25th year, we’re looking forward to continuing our support for these incredible organizations.”